Saturday, March 16, 2013

Quest for a Vest 3. Making the Cut







Those of you that have been following along on my blog know that I am coming up with the worlds best metal best. It is time to show you the bands that have made the cut.

a tribute to Dimebag Darrell
KISS
Slipknot
SNFU
As I Lay Dying
Metallica
GWAR
Devildriver
System of a Down
Hatebreed
Testament
Machine Head
Sepultura
Lamb of God
Dayglo Abortions
Slayer
Anthrax
DRI
Trivium
Killswitch Engage
along with my Pantera back patch (not shown above)

Three bands that were very close but didn't make the vest were Suicidal Tendencies, Soulfly, and All That Remains.


Now I don't expect any of you to like these bands, or I bet most of you haven't even heard of half these bands.  It doesn't really matter, nor do I really care.  This is my vest my metal musical tastes.

Once I had the patches picked out, I spent an afternoon pinning them onto the vest, this took longer than I thought, and I had lots of input from the wife.  You know "this side has to offset this side, this color needs to offset this color, etc..."

Then off the the seamstress the vest went...I got the bad boy back a month later and voila !

Here were the very first 2 pics taken. Sweet I tell ya !





Now there is likely a very good change if you see me in the mall on a Saturday, I will be wearing this thing.  Corporate by day, metal by night (and weekend).  Here is me and the boy off to the mall.



Shockingly, you would be surprised how many compliments I have had on this thing, I have worn it to the malls, to concerts, and at each location I have had at least one guy come up and compliment me on the vest, and that's the truth !!
The only thing left to do is to touch it up with some subtle metal 'judas priest' like studs.....

Not quite this many as the pic below, but i am sure you get the message.


----

With the success of this project, it makes me wonder if I should put together a 'hair band' vest.  Some of the bands could include
Quiet Riot
White Lion
Cinderella
Poison
Warrant
etc.
etc.


we will see, you just never know what might happen.

----

Ryders Joke of the Day.



I urgently needed a few days off work,

But, I knew the Boss would not allow me to take leave.

I thought that maybe if I acted "Crazy"
Then he would tell me to take a few days off.

So, I hung upside-down on the ceiling and made funny noises.

My co-worker (who's blonde) asked me what I was doing.

I told her that I was pretending to be a light bulb,

So, that the Boss might think I was "Crazy" and give me a few days off.

A few minutes later the Boss came into the office and asked,

"What in the name of good GOD are you doing?"

I told him I was a light bulb.

He said, "You are clearly stressed out.

Go home and recuperate for a couple of days."

I jumped down and walked out of the office...

When my co-worker (the blonde) followed me, the Boss asked her,

"... And where do you think you're going?!!!!

She said, "I'm going home too. I can't work in the dark"!

--------

L8er SK8er
Stay Metal

No comments:

Post a Comment